Monday, May 28, 2007

Middle East Travelogue - Part I

I had been on an official trip to Saudi Arabia (Al Khobar) and UAE (Dubai) and to Oman (Muscat) on the way returning back. This trip was on behalf of my employer - Wipro Ltd and it was between 25th of March 2007 and 12th April 2007. I wrote my travelogue in 5 parts and it is now available for your reading.
Here goes the travelogue Part I....

Blr to muscat - started with a sweet surprise - upgraded to business class, first time travelling in business class. really posh and more comfortable travel. but i doubt whether the air hostess gave me a differential treatment as am a upgraded case.

Flight delayed in muscat.. my cousin brother is in muscat.. tried here and there to call him... cant call from booth as i didnt have calling card. finally got a tamil person who gave missed call and could speak with my brother.

Reached damam (KSA) at abt 11:30 PM (02:00 IST). very bitter experience in immigration. had to spend about 2 hours in immigration.

Taxi person was missing, was totally left out in the big damam airport. then called the wipro hr person in KSA office, he then sent the taxi (whcih had come and left) and it came after half an hour. '

the distance from airport to guest house (near wipro al khobar office) is about 65 kms.. what a road yaar, three lane road, each to and fro.. no cross i.,e cutting in between, car can go very fast but for the fog.. not even a small pot hole in the road.. car with automatic gears... finally came to guest house and slept, now came to office and writing this mail..

today afternoon when i went to hotel, that was the time for prayer. during prayer, no shop can be open.. so, the hotel person (malayalee) told me to have lunch in an inner room (i.,e hiding)...

No comments: